Isoetec EZ-1 Telephone System
Download a printable
Testing Your Telephone
To test the keys and lights on your phone, perform the following steps:
· Pick up your handset, wait for dial tone
· Dial "80"
· Press each programmable key. Each key should light as you press it.
· Press each key on the dial pad. Each key should light one of the programmable
keys when you press it.
· Press each of the bottom keys (HOLD, TRAN/CON, etc.). Each key should
light as you press it. The volume up key will light the "HOLD" key.
The volume down key will light the "TRAN/CON" key.
Programming Your Telephone
The following features may be programmed from your telephone:
· Direct Station Selection
· Station Speed Dial
Direct Station Selection
To assign a DSS/BLF key for single-key direct access to a desired extension:
· Press the "PROGRAM" key.
· Press the key you wish to program
· Dial the extension number to assign to the key.
· Remember to label your key with the newly programmed extension number
Station Speed Dial
· Press the "PROGRAM" key.
· Dial one of the 12 access codes where you wish to store your outside
· Dial the outside number (up to 16 digits) you wish to store.
· Enter a pause between digits by pressing the volume up key.
· If you need to enter more than 16 digits, after the 14th digit, press
the volume down key and a second access code.
· Press "PROGRAM" again, dial the second access code and dial
the remaining digits. The number sequence will be automatically chained.
· Press "PROGRAM" to end.
Placing a Call
· Pick up the handset or press the "HF" key.
· When you hear the dial tone, enter a 2-digit extension number or use
a programmed DSS key for the party you wish to call. To ring the party, dial
"1" plus the 2-digit number.
· Replace the handset or press the "HF" key to end the call.
· Pick up the handset or press an idle "LINE" key. For hands
free operation, press a "LINE" key without lifting the handset.
· Dial the phone number or use speed dial.
Using Station Speed Dial
· Press an idle "LINE" key.
· Press the "PROGRAM" key when you hear the dial tone.
· Dial the access code for the stored number.
Using System Speed Dial
· Press an idle "LINE" key
· Press "*" when you hear the dial tone.
· Dial the 2-digit code corresponding to the access code of the number
you wish to dial.
· Press a "LINE" key.
· Dial "#" on your keypad.
If you have a key programmed for "SAVE/REPEAT" you can:
· Press "SAVE/REPEAT" while on an outside call. The number
dialed is saved until you use the Save/Repeat option again.
· To dial a saved number, press the "LINE" key and then the
Place a call on hold by pressing the "HOLD" key. The corresponding
"LINE" key will flash at all stations and the call may be picked up
by any extension. When the "HOLD" key is pressed twice, the "LINE"
key flashes only at your station. Only the originating extension can take the
line off hold. After a preprogrammed length of time, the call will ring back
to your phone.
· Press "TRAN/CON". Dial the desired party using either the
extension number or DSS key. If you DSS key is programmed for automatic transfer,
press the DSS key without pressing the "TRAN/CON" key.
· Announce the call and hang up.
· If the extension is busy or there is no answer, press the flashing
"LINE" key to pick up the caller.
· To put the call to a busy station on hold for that station, dial "2"
and hang up after attempting the normal transfer procedure.
For a conference with 2 parties in the office and 1 off-site:
· Press "TRAN/CON" to place the first (external) call on hold.
· Dial the extension number for the other party to be added.
· Make sure that person lifts the handset before you continue.
· Press the "TRAN/CON" key to establish the 3-part conference.
· If one party hangs up, the two remaining parties will still be connected.
For a conference with 1 party in the office and 2 off-site:
· Place the first call on hold, pressing the "TRAN/CON" key.
· Select a second "LINE" key and call the third party.
· Press the "TRAN/CON" key. Your conference call is established.
· To drop one party, press the "HOLD" key and then the "LINE"
key for the party you wish to drop.
Call Pickup allows you to answer a call ringing at another extension. To use:
· Lift the handset and press the "HF" key. Dial "2"
on the dial pad.
· Dial the extension number or press the DSS key.
Station Call Back
· Use the Station Call Back feature when you call an internal extension
and get a busy signal.
· Press the "CB" key. Replace the handset or press the "HF"
key if you are using hands free mode.
· If you used a DSS key to reach the extension, press the "CB"
· When the extension is available, your station will ring and your call
back key will flash.
· Lift the handset or press the HF key and then press the "CB"
· To cancel, press "CB" while your phone is ringing and before
you answer the call.
Outside Line Call Back
When you call an outside line and get a busy signal, use the Outside Line Call
· Press the lighted "LINE" key of the line you want to use,
followed by the "CALL BACK" key.
· When the line is available, your LINE key will flash and your phone
· Lift your handset or press the LINE key.
· Forward all calls directed to your station to another station using
a preprogrammed "FORWARD" key.
· Call the extension you wish to forward your call to.
· Press the "FWD" key.
· Replace the handset.
· To cancel, press the "FWD" key while your phone is on-hook.
Busy/No Answer Alternatives
If you call an internal extension and you hear a busy signal or get no answer,
leave a message at the station by following these steps:
Press the "MSG" key if programmed, or press the "HOLD" key
while you hear an internal busy or ring back tone until you hear two short beeps.
To answer a message left at your extension, lift your handset or press the
"HF" key and press the "MESSAGE" or "HOLD" key.
The phone of the person who left the message will ring.
To cancel, press the "MESSAGE" or "HOLD" key.
If allowed by programming, when you hear a busy signal on an internal call,
you may camp on to the called station. To use, dial "2" and leave
your phone off-hook. When the extension you wish to reach becomes available
you will ring through to that extension.
If you hear a camp on tone while you are on an outside call, you can place
the call on hold and be connected to the camped-on call immediately. If you
are on an internal call and chose to answer the camped-on call, your original
call will be disconnected. To use:
· Press the "SPLIT" key
· To finish and return to the original call (outside calls only), press
"SPLIT". If the camped on call and current calls are both outside
calls, you can repeat this procedure, alternating between callers.
Do Not Disturb
Press the "DND" key. To cancel, press "DND" again. When
in Do-Not-Disturb mode, all calls, pages and background music are blocked on
Alternate Answering Options
To terminate an outside call and immediately access the same line for a new
call, press the LINE key.
Pressing the "MUTE" key shuts off the microphone on speakerphone
and handset calls. Press "MUTE" again to cancel.
When programmed, night answer allows you to answer incoming night time calls
by picking up your handset or pressing the "HF" key, listening for
the internal dial tone and then pressing the night answer key.
If there is an external music source connected to the KSU, you can choose to
have music played over your station speaker. Press "1" to turn the
music on and "1" again to turn it off. When you receive a call, music
will automatically be shut off. When you hang up, the music will play again.
To page through the telephone speakers in the building:
· Pick up your handset and dial the page zone number.
· After a tone, make your announcement and replace the handset.
· To answer a page, dial "65" before the paging party hangs
up. You and the other party will be connected and may talk privately.
Pressing the volume up and down keys until the desired volume is reached will
set speaker and handset volume.
When programmed, the release key allows you to end a call by pressing the release
The Operator Station
In addition to the above capabilities, the operator station can:
1. Program system speed dial numbers
2. Transfer the system to night mode
3. Activate the DISA mode
4. Receive unanswered recall calls.
Program System Speed Dial Numbers
1. While the phone is on-hook, press the "*" key.
2. Enter 2 digits (01-50) for the code that will activate the desired speed
3. Enter an outside number of up to 16 digits
4. Press the "PROGRAM" key.
5. Use the volume up key to enter a pause.
Activate Night Mode
Press the programmed NIGHT key. All incoming calls will ring only at stations
programmed to ring at night.
DISA (Direct Inward Station Access) is activated by dialing "*3"
from the operator's terminal. Deactivate by pressing "*4". When the
DISA line is ringing and the DISA feature is not activated, the line will ring
as an incoming call. When the DISA line is ringing and the feature is activated,
it will not ring, but will show as a busy line on all phones except the operator's
phone, where it will flash.
Unanswered Recall Calls
Calls placed on HOLD or transferred but not answered within the allotted time
will be forwarded to the operator. The call will ring the operator until answered.
# Instructions provided herein will not work
on all configurations. Some features may require additional hardware or specific
Please Note: If you need more information than is supplied here,
we will be happy to assist you by telephone at 800-397-8417 (speak with sales) for a nominal fee of $45 for
*Information will be sent in 3 sections over a period of 3 days. You will
also receive our periodic special offers, sent not more than every month or
so. You may unsubscribe at any time.